Welcome to Year 4's Homepage
Teacher: Miss Wainwright
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Nicol
Here are a couple of school reminders:
- school starts at 9.00am with the school gates opening at 8.35am
- PE will take place twice per week, I recommend children bring their PE kit to school on a Monday, leave it at school and take it home on a Friday for it to be washed
- School ends at 3.25pm
- Please ensure the office staff have your up to date contact details
- Please ring the office if your child will be absent
Please ensure your child is wearing the correct school uniform
If you have any questions or concerns please see me (Miss Wainwright). I am more than happy to speak to parents about any issues or concerns or whether you just want an update regarding your child.
Other useful websites for Home Learning
Volcanoes and earthquakes
Y4 have really enjoyed learning about volcanoes and earthquakes. We have used digital maps to locate volcanoes in China, and we have identified volcanoes that have erupted recently across the globe. Y4 have learnt about the role that tectonic plates play in causing earthquakes and volcanoes. Y4 have been particularly interested in tracking a drone that has captured volcanoes erupting.
Year 4 have loved our immersive days about our new topic China. We have broadened our experiences by trying Chinese foods, using chopsticks and writing opinions about the foods we've tasted. We have also made wall scrolls with traditional Chinese designs and Chinese writing on them, which are proudly hung in our classroom. We have used atlases and maps to locate China and cities within China.
What parents could do to help...
- Encourage your child to read every single day
- Encourage your child to practise their times tables as much as possible
- Encourage your child to look at and spell the 300 High Frequency Words and Years 1, 2, 3 and 4 spelling lists
- Encourage your child to write (maybe keep a daily diary)
- Encourage your child to talk if they have any problems
- Encourage your child to play, imagine and have fun!